8/13/2007

Millions of peaches


This morning Allisha called with the fabulous idea of picking peaches. So I loaded my whiny kids in the car with a promise that it would be faster than picking berries due to the fact that peaches are at least ten times the size of raspberries. They weren't really buying it but they calmed down a bit. We arrived at the farm to see that everybody had the idea to pick peaches today. There was quite a crowd of VOP's( see former post- And the winner is... ). We walked out to the orchard and recieved our 1 minute "this is what a ripe peach looks like" lesson, and then started picking. It went by so fast that my kids didn't even have time to complain. I think they actually had fun. Especially when they discovered that peaches explode when they hit the ground with great force! We brought home a beautiful 25lbs of peaches. mmmmmm! When we left Mason felt it neccessary to let me know that " next time I'm thinking berries... I should be thinking peaches! I'll definately be thinking peaches as I peel and slice them this afternoon. Thanks for calling Alisha. It was fun!

7 comments:

megan said...

oh i'm jealous. A nice, juicy, fresh peach sound so great to me right now. Our fresh picked peaches won't be good again until like April!

Bridget said...

Yum! Do tell me where to go to do that???

Boston's blog said...

We went to Jossy farms out in North Plains. You have to call to see if they're open for picking. jossyfarms.com

megan said...

I love your new picture!

Merilee said...

Thanks Meg, It is very hard for me to have that up. I'm trying to break free from another fear of mine. I hate pics of myself. Plus I don't like when I go to blogs and I have to search for their picture to see if it's who I think it is.

Emily said...

Ripe peaches? We don't get those here this year. Yay for you!

ducklips said...

I absolutely love the picture of you. You look way to cool for words. I am SO proud of you for putting it up.

The peaches sound amazing too. I think I may go eat one from my coop, but I'm sure I will be disappointed after reading about those ones.