8/27/2007

Merilee's Movie review ( good thing my name starts with M)

Becoming Jane... It just made me want to get home to watch a real Jane Austen Movie. Of course the scenery and costumes were beautiful. Not my favorite! Maybe see it again.


The Bourne Ultimatum... Good action movie, who doesn't love a guy who can do everything? Not a big Julia Stiles fan, but really like her in the Bournes. I'm sure I'll see it replayed over and over on cable, just like the others.


The Nanny Diaries...MMMM? This one was OK for one of those totally predictable romantic comedy movies. Really, I think Scarlet Johansen just did a good job. That sort of saved the whole thing. Won't see it again



Stardust... Except for Clare Danes horrible star costume and the dumb dead guys, I loved this movie. I havn't been a big sci fi fantasy fan since I was about 10, but this is a good one. I loved Robert De Niro and Ricky Gervais. Plus Michelle pfeiffer looks seriously hideous. That's gotta make you happy for a second. I'd see this again for sure.

There isn't much to choose from right now. I'm looking forward to August Rush and Across the Universe.

13 comments:

Bridget said...

Thanks for the review. I do appreciate it since the only one of those movies I've seen is Bourne Ultimatum and yes I did like that one. I think I'l nix the Becoming Jane. I hear Anne Hathaway's British accent wasn't the greatest either.

Sheri said...

I liked "Becoming Jane" o.k. - I rather see "Pride & Prejudice" because it has a happy ending. I never saw the Bourne Ultimatum but want too, I saw "Nanny Diaries" and was very disappointed (although how hot was Harvard hottie?).

megan said...

How many movies do you see?! just kidding. I hear Stardust has a similiar feeling as The Princess Bride. Katie told me that there were parts in Becoming Jane that really reminded her of me but she didn't tell me what parts and she didn't tell me why they reminded her of me.

Aundrea said...

I've seen the "Ultimatum", we liked it. Call me the weird Mormon out, but I've never been a huge Jane Austen fan, I must have missed that gene!

ducklips said...

thanks for the review. I think i'll skip going to the movies for a while.
The last one I saw was the Simpsons movie. uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggg!

Janalee said...

I'd probably like Nanny Diaries because I always like those shallow movies that got terrible reviews. I loved the book.

Also to answer your question. Yes the placenta was and is real. But his eating it was a charade. It's time to move on dear (said in a gentle motherly voice).

Darilyn said...

I actually loved Becoming Jane. And I think Anne Hathaway was incredible in the movie. I will definitely watch it again.

shanda said...

oh man i LOVED stardust! and can you believe michelle pfieffer is 49!!! holy cow. robert de niro was hysterical. its sad, but i haven't seen any of these other movies! (or pride and prejudice, but don't tell!)

ducklips said...

I have to say I loved your play list yesterday. Today's is good too, but I loved listening to good ol' rock of yesterday. I put it on and danced around and made my kids crazy while they were getting ready for school.

Jodi said...

I've seen the Bourne Ultimatum...it was good. I might go check out Stardust...it doesn't look like a movie I would enjoy but it is getting great reviews. Thanks for all the info :)

Emily said...

Oh shut up and don't complain! There are (amazingly) two movies in the theater up here. Wow! We have two rated G movies to choose from! Oh, I am rushing out right now! My kids saw both while in the valley. I saw Transformers when they were in the valley on a night I was SERIOUSLY bored.

Merilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merilee said...

Dang Em, You must have been bored!!