8/15/2007

Letter to Tomallama the Tamale boy


I've had a few things I've wanted to tell you for awhile now. So here goes. Don't you dare give up! Your family deserves better. You deserve better. You are the smartest person I have ever met, and then pair that with your crazy charisma and you should be unstoppable.( you scored Natalie didn't ya, we are all in awe) There has always just been something about you. Everyone wants to be with you. My favorite time living at the apartments was when you and Nat lived next door. I knew I could find you outside trapping gophers and was so glad I could.( and I'm still grateful you did not hang them on our tree) That meant you would stay out and talk awhile. Please don't let anything hold you back. Bogles have something holding us back. Well enough! You deserve more. I know you are struggling right now with your crappy job, so go change it. If anyone can do it, you can. It doesn't have to be your own business. There are lots of good jobs out there, but you decide how your life is going to be, just go for it. So tamale boy, I repeat, don't you dare give up already.
I know this is a super cheesy letter, but I just wanted to remind you that nothing will be given to you that you can't conquer.

12 comments:

Darilyn said...

I have absolutely no idea what this is all about but it made me tear up. Very sweet words to a brother. He has no choice but to listen to what you are saying after those heartfelt words.

ducklips said...

First off, I love that picture of Tom. I can hear his growl too.

Tom, I hope you know everything Merilee said is true. ( Although I can't help being a little hurt at the fave appt. neighbors. ;0)
You are such an incredible force. People just gravitate toward you. I am always impressed w/ what a great husband and father you are to your little adorable family.

Tom we all love you and have always known that you can accomplish whatever you are determined to do. Don't let your fears get in the way (1 John 4:18). You have a wonderful wife, who will support you in anything you choose, righteously.

Ok, this is too long for a comment, but just so you know. I second Merilee.

Merilee said...

Oh Elise, you know I couldn't have survived the compound with you!

Merilee said...

That really is supposed to say, WITHOUT you.

Emily said...

Yeah, I have tears too. Elise, go hug that kid for me! Love that picture! Where is the silly dino dance? Go conquer the world, bro!

Bridget said...

What a great sis you are Merilee! Everyone needs someone like you.

ducklips said...

Sorry Mer, I just had to throw that out there. I really am not feeling too jilted.

Tomallama said...

Thanks gang, I really appreciate all your kind words. I really need that now and then. However, my main stumbling block right now is taking my people skills and trying to convert them into marketable job skills. No one wants to hire the guy who can sit at the water cooler and talk to people all day long and feel like it was a fulfilling day. Right now I am really considering going back to school to get a degree in Urban Horticulture and Landscape Design. I want to design micro-farms to help people be more self sustaining, or at least show people that their landscaping can actually produce things they can use. I mean, in AZ, how many people have aloe plants in their yard, but still buy aloe at the store when they get a sunburn. That is so retarded. My main problem right now is figuring out how to pay my bills for the next three years while I get two degrees at once. I'm open to suggestions, but Natalie already ruled out selling drugs and selling my body.

Brian said...

Tom, you don't remember me, but two things: First, you KNOW what you want to do and that is the hardest part. Consider yourself lucky. Secondly, if you really want to do this, and it sounds as if you do, there is NOTHING that will stop you. Take it from someone who knows, follow your dreams while you're young, because it just gets harder the older you get. Sounds as if you have complete support from family and friends. Fast and Pray (especially with your wife) and the world is yours. (Advice I should use more). Good luck, even though luck has nothing to do with it.

Tomallama said...

Mer, you got me, finally.
http://tomallama.blogspot.com/

Merilee said...

Tom, actually I think everybody wants to hire the good-looking charismatic guy, and you have a good resume to back you up. I saw a 20/20 on that exact subject! But what's wrong with selling drugs already?

By the way, that's six down. just a few more to go.

jaust.me said...

No fair making me cry at school. You cannot tell me to check my posts and then put stuff like this up here. I love you both, and Hmm, hmmm, I second that emotion.