8/05/2007

And the winner is.....

First things first. Click on Free and Easy in the music player before reading this post. It will make this much more enjoyable.


Well, since Elise is really the only one that guessed, and she did so correctly, she is the winner! Yay Elise! Of course, you don't really win anything but, Nice job!!

Last Friday Darilyn and I headed down to Sweet Home OR for the Oregon Jamboree. A big country music festival. Really we just wanted to see Dierks Bentley again (3rd time now). I had a great time! The concert was actually kind of weird because no one would stand up and dance, and the house rule is majority rule, so if most people are sitting then everyone must sit. Well Darilyn is a total rule breaker, so as soon as security would make us sit we would just find another place to stand and dance. I'm sorry I just can't sit at rockin concerts. It goes against everything I believe in! Also the front section of about 50 rows was the VIP section which really should be VOP ( which stands for... VERY OLD PEOPLE). It was definately the 65 and older section. That was all wrong. They should be the ones sitting in the back. Despite all the weirdness we had a blast!!

So most of you know, that back in the day I was a concert going fool. Pretty much every weekend someone was playing. Right Elise? Well, you have to stay and try to meet the artist. That is just what you do. Sometimes that is harder than others. But Darilyn and I had a goal. We were going to get a picture with Dierks Bentley. Goal accomplished!! ( if there is one thing you learn in young womens, it is to follow through with your goals) Well, our laurel leaders would be proud!! We had to be a little sneaky, but hey they left the back gate open. So we snuck in and had our 45 second conversation,( I'm not sure why but Dierks was not quite as excited to see us as we were to see him) snapped a few pictures with my flash not working and left. We had an awesome night!!!

7 comments:

Darilyn said...

I laughed my head off reading this entire thing. Me? a rule breaker? (sly smile)

Darilyn said...

I wrote more of our experience in my blog.

Sheri said...

I must admit that I am such a chicken when it comes to things like that. A long time ago (before they were famous) I had the chance to meet & talk to Billy Joe (from Green Day) and I totally chickened out - he was even right in front of me! Anyway...you go girl!

Merilee said...

( sly smile back )

ducklips said...

I'm smiling slyly right along w/ you.

ducklips said...

oh yeah, Yea! I won.

I think I read some posts wrong.
I didn't realize you were slyly smiling at Darilyn, I thought it was something else. So I guess I am slyly smiling at something all by myself.
Darilyn, I would never imply that you are, or are not a rule breaker. Of course breaking an entering...

Merilee said...

Elise, I am seriously laughing at you smiling at something all by yourself. you crack me up!