7/19/2007

A seed was planted

It looks much larger in my living room!

This past Sunday I taught the 9 year olds about talents( you know the parable ). Well I have been feeling a little guilty about burying a few of mine. So, I figured I should get to work on digging them back up. One of them is decorating, I am still very much in the learning stage of this talent, but since Chris and I have completely different taste I had kind of given up. Well not anymore. Sorry Chris!! Today I brought home a branch. Chris was very helpful loading it in the truck although he had no idea what is was for ( because I wouldn't tell him ). Then, while he was out, I brought it into our living room to stay. I never said I had good taste, but I like it! It still needs a pot( french urn style) and moss, and I'm going to hang things on it, but I am well on my way to reclaiming at least one buried talent.

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

It's perfect Merilee! You have so many talents and decorating is definitely one of them. I can't wait to see it. See how late I'm up again? What's wrong with me? lol

Bridget said...

That's awesome! So you did leave out one thing.....what was Chris' reaction when he saw it in the living room?

Sheri said...

I love it! You'll have to post a picture once you get it all finished.

megan said...

so great, i need a tree in my house! oh wait i have no room for that

jaust.me said...

Fabu! Oh, did I mention we watched animaniacs for days at Emily's, so say that like you're Wacko (should not be hard) It looks __________(insert adjective here that has not already been used by others that means I like it a really lot). You've always had a knack for what looks good. I may even steal that old rose catalog wall idea for my downstairs bathroom.