Boston in Astoria, OR.
Every Winter I spend a lot of time wondering why the heck I live here. Now, during summer, I can really appreciate what makes Oregon so great.
* being able to spend all afternoon outside playing soccer with the kids, in July!
* Having the beach an hour and a half away.
*Having the mountains an hour and a half away.
*having everything an hour and a half away!!
* getting to pick any kind of berry imaginable for .99 a lb.
*getting to know lots of awesome people.
* today was 75 degrees with light showers.
* No school until September.
* getting to experience river rafting, snowcaving, horseback riding on the beach, swimming in crystal clear lakes, skiing in April, bike trails that take your breath away, watching fireworks from a sandpit, eating fresh crab, and much more...
*finding the latest, greatest restauraunt in downtown Portland.
* Having Joyce and fam so close.
*having Aunt Sharon so close.
*having Chris B so close.
*being able to actually grow flowers in my yard.
*and really, really appreciating all of you I don't get to see so often!!!
2 months ago