10/21/2007

Weekend update

I had an awesome weekend. I dropped the kids with Joyce, and Chris and I had Friday and Saturday all to ourselves. I picked him up from work around 4:30 and we did a little shopping. I got these, and a few other things, but blogger is being lame.

Then we went and checked in to our hotel downtown. We had a corner room on the 5th floor. It was amazing. 2 of the walls were all window. We could see everything. It reminded me of the movie "Lost in Translation". Very cool. Then we went to see Interpol. It was interesting, I'll give em that. It was held at a huge coliseum, but was sectioned off so only like a quarter of the space was full. They had the weirdest opening band ever. They were called The Liars. Avoid at all costs. Actually they were kind of entertaining in a "you are so weird" kind of way. Then Interpol played for 1 hour and 1 minute. Everyone felt very ripped off. after about 10 minutes of cheering for the encore the singer came out and said " one of our guys is messed up. We're so sorry , but this is goodnight. So sorry." and they left. The sad thing is they were very good. They were a Chris pick. I just went with. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but they were good in a "we are very disinterested and too cool for you" kind of way. I know lame, but there was this very odd but passionate vibe.
After the concert we had some appetizers and dessert at some way up high with lots of windows restaurant. That was fun.
The next day we had breakfast at my favorite little french bistro downtown and hit a few(ok a lot) more stores. We then drove to Joyces and had an awesome time hanging out with the fam. We got home very late last night. Good thing that I got to sleep pretty much all day after church today. Tomorrow normal life starts again.

15 comments:

Chris said...

I wanted to be the first to comment on this post. We did have a great weekend, thanks for spending it with me.
Dinner was great, friday night shopping was great, the concert was fun (until they bailed on us), the hotel was great, breakfast was great, afternoon shopping... uh... well... hmmm... the evening at Joyces was great.

Thanks for going to the concert wth me, even though it wasn't your favorite. At least we learned some new dance moves! Thumbs UUUUUP!!! Thumbs DOOOOOOWN!!! (if you are local to Oregon ask Merilee to show you the moves!)

Merilee said...

You're very funny Chris.

ducklips said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend.

i really like that chris wanted to be the first to comment. you guys are too cute.

Jodi said...

A hotel downtown...NIIIIICE!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. You guys are inspiring...makes me want to plan a weekend away with my hubby.

Sheri said...

I would give my left leg for some alone time with my husband. Sounds like you had a great time!

Brian said...

Sheri, I CAN make that happen!

Bridget said...

What a great weekend! No wonder you had a twinkle in your eye at church yesterday. Or were you just teary over the wonderful Primary program. :)

Darilyn said...

sounds like a great weekend. Glad the two of you had a good time.

megan said...

yeah Interpol isn't one of my favorites either, but Reuben really likes them. I like the songs I know, but really have no desire to listen to the other ones. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend though. We are so excited you will all be here next week!

Aundrea said...

I can't believe you missed book club for a weekend like that! Just kidding!! You lucky girl, it sounds like you had a great time. And the shirts are darling!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I am jealous you got some new clothes.

megan said...

oh and I liked the shirts even more when I blew them up!

Darilyn said...

Megan's last comment is funny to me for some reason. I pictured them exploding!

mahina said...

i need a weekend getaway with mitch. you have inspired me to plan it!

Merilee said...

I just realized I gave you all the wtong information about our little weekend. What I meant to say was....

I was super excited to meet Chris. He had flowers in hand when I spotted him on the sidewalk. We stared longingly into each others eyes, not at the city lights. We laughed our butts off while eating red vines and critiquing the opening band. First time either of us have had licorice at a show. Had warm cookies with cocoa and laughed some more at Portland City Grill. Went back for some more staring and longing. Slept in until we could sleep no more, then snuggled close while we strolled quickly through the rainy streets of Portland. Chris holding the umbrella way too generously in my direction. Gave our kids big hugs when we arrived in Silverton, and loved to hear all the fun things they did with Aunt Joyce. Once again laughed our guts out spending time surrounded by our wonderful family.