10/23/2007

Boston


I know, I write about Boston a lot. I can't help but love him the most. Last year (5th grade) he was a total flake and I was pretty sure his brain had fallen out of his head for good. Everyone kept telling me that around age 11 boys lose it and don't find it until about 19 or so. I was very worried, but much to my surprise Boston has found his head again! He loves school and is doing quite well. He has found a new love... running cross country. He memorized his primary program part without me having to say a word. That is very unusual in my house. He still does his chores without throwing tantrums about it. He is super nice to his little brother and sister. He still loves to hang out with his Mom and Dad. Yesterday he asked if I would watch a movie with him. I told him I had a lot to do and just to pick one for himself. He said he only wanted to watch with me, so we compromised and watched a half hour of The Crocodile Hunter. Now here is the best! When I returned home from taking Mas to school this morning, Boston had made me french toast! He was already gone for the day, but left a little note "To Mom" sitting right beside the breakfast he'd made me. Is that not awesome? Yes he did leave me the mess to clean up, but Who Cares?

Boston hates to brush his teeth.
He picks obnoxios friends, and
he leaves his dresser drawers wide open!
There, now you all can feel better about your kids.


ps. I don't love Boston the most. That was a joke! Calm down people!

15 comments:

jaust.me said...

I was really thrown by that "Love him the most" comment. I'm glad you clarified that at the end. Of course Boston does rock, but so do those other kids of yours. What are their names again?

Jodi said...

Ok...what is your secret? I have a 4 year old and I want him to be making me breakfast with a little sweet note when he is 11. Come on...cough it up!

Bridget said...

That is so sweet. He even visited my blog yesterday! Did you know that? Having a little note with your breakfast....what mom doesn't love that?!

Sheri said...

He sounds like a great kid - but really he's got great parents to learn from! He sounds alot like Alexander.

Sheri said...

P.S. I love Alexander the best too. (j/k)

Sheerstar said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darilyn said...

That is very sweet.

Aundrea said...

So sweet! I want your secret too.

ducklips said...

I love Boston the most too. Oohh, just kidding. I love them all the same. He is an awesome kid though. Tell him we all want to taste his french toast when you guys are down.

Kas says:
Ask Boston and Mason if they are as excited as me?

Natalie said...

I hope Brecken will make me French Toast when he gets older.

mahina said...

awwww! what a great kid! breakfast with a note to mom...it doesn't get better than that!

megan said...

not to mention (mostly becuase I did on the phone with you already today) but he is super sweet to little kids. I have noticed on more than one occassion that he often remembers the littler kids that everyone else leaves out. (even the kids I nanny love him and they have only met him once)

Emily said...

Boss man rocks! Boss man rocks! (More than Cleveland.)

megan said...

count 'em 6 more days!

jaust.me said...

Nag!