9/06/2007

Way better in real life!



I think a lot of you know ( at least my OR friends) that I pretty much do whatever Darilyn does. Yesterday she had a wonderful idea. She wanted to go on the hike that Mahina had blogged about a few days ago. So, of course I went right along. We even suckered Mahina into going again (it really didn't take much). She also brought along her 2 youngest. It was amazing! This is why I just do whatever Darilyn tells me to do. I had so much fun! It really is a short little hike, but it has so many interesting features. A log jam to climb over, a (deep) stream to walk through, long logs to test your balance as you walk across, the highway(as LaLa calls it), and a beautiful waterfall at the end. This was a fabulous way to get out and enjoy another one of OR's many perks!

8 comments:

mahina said...

it really was amazing! and i don't think you "suckered" me into going, i think i would have said, "and mahina invited herself to come along! how rude!" i'm glad you guys let me invite myself and two kid along, lala loved it! great pictures!

Bridget said...

oh, how fun. Ok next time I am inviting myself with my boys! And for the record, I think Darilyn would be a great person to shadow all the time. :)

Darilyn said...

This was so fun! I loved the water even though it was really cold but once I was numb it was great! Let's plan another one for another place and then Bridget can come too with her kiddos!

Merilee said...

sounds perfect!

Jodi said...

Wow...that is a beautiful place. Can I invite myself on the next hike?

Sheri said...

I wish I lived in Oregon. Then I could go on the hike too!

ducklips said...

this sounds gorgeous. wish i was there w/ you guys. i've been dying for a fun hike.

megan said...

come on mer you are slacking here! We want a new post. Your kids are at school so what the heck are you doing with yourself?