Sidney and I tend to disagree on what she should wear. I have always been a "gentle guider" and will never fully relinquish my post. I admit my life( and Sid's) would be much easier if I could just let it all go. Some days, like when she won't be seen by her public, I'll let her wear whatever lame clothes she wants. Other days, she will actually pick out some pretty cute stuff. Then there are the days when I walk out of her room with steam coming out of my ears and her bottom lip is so pouty it almost hits the floor. Usually at that point I've quit speaking to her and she finds something so-so out of the choices I left on her bed. Then I realize how ridiculous I'm being. I don't want Sid to look like nerd though. We are trying to come up with good compromises.
This is a "Sid's controversial items list". Of course, I love these things.
1. leg warmers ( she has worn them, but they were highly contested )
2. her red ruffled slip, I love it under dresses.
3. Ugg's, She absolutely refused until I got mine. She got 2 pairs from the neighbors. $1.00 each!
4. Anything that involves putting her hair up.
5. Red, white, and blue sundress. Probably my favorite thing she owns. It looks so cute with jeans and a sweater.
This is how I want Sid to dress
This is what she prefers.
This is a compromise
6 months ago