7/18/2008

I have a ton of fun things to blog about but I haven't been in the writing mood lately. I don't want to be like the ungrateful lepers though so I'll write. I'm just warning you now it wont be witty.








When my brother Tom and his family came to visit us a couple weeks ago we went to the Children's Museum. It was really fun. Even my kids who usually claim "too old" for this kind of thing had a great time. Really, I think Tom might have had the most fun. He was way into everything. The little guy is Karsten. He obviously is just the most photogenic of us all. We really were all there though.



This is Brecken in the fountain in the Pearl District. I love this photo and I love this fountain. So fun.


front row. Chris, Mason, Me, Boston, Chrispy, Natalie, Brecken(chewing on frog head), Megan, Catcher(wishing he was chewing on frog head), Reuben
Back row. Tom, Karsten, Katie, Sid





These last two are from fourth of July at Cannon Beach. Wait I mean Short Sands. Oh no, it was Seaside. Hold on, I remember it was really Gearhart. Oh yeah we were at all of them because we are so lame and never make real plans. The group photo is all the group in Canon. I think we were all together for.... about long enough to take the photo. Then we scrammed.
We lit off fireworks (thanks to Tom who was the only one willing to drive to Washington for the stash) on the beach at Gearhart it was beautiful but too cold for the pansy AZ folk. I love the 4th on the beach. I don't think it can get any better. I even loved getting both our minivans stuck in the sand when we tried to leave. Thank you to all the incredibly annoying (I'm mean helpful) drunk people that helped us get unstuck. And just so you know we did have more powerful fireworks than the little boat guy pictured above. He was just the best photo.


This is Mason being incredibly pouty at my favorite lunch spot in the country. (by country, I mean the outskirts of town not the USA). I call it The South Store. I'm not sure if that is the real name or not. Mason swears he hates that place. After refusing to order anything he ate half of my food and more. I'm sure he'd say it was disgusting. I'm pretty sure I noticed his gag reflex kick in with every bite of deliciousness. Any who, I love this photo of him. When Mason is his normal goofball self he will not let me get photos of him. He always sticks out his tongue or does the biggest, cheesiest grin possible. Today since he was mad he didn't care to make the goofy face. I guess he sure showed me.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

That picture of Mason is so funny. He is the perfect Norman Rockwell painting kid.

Sarah said...

I would have to agree with Bridget. I also really liked the picture of Karsten in the clown shoes. He looks so cute.

Sheri said...

4th of July on the beach! I'm jealous! And with family too :)

I love that photo of Mason. He looks so much like you.

Natalie said...

I love the pics. We had so much fun. The fireworks were awesome. Can't wait to see your fam again.

ducklips said...

i love the clown shoes on Karsten. It's so funny cuz usually he has things on his head. Gotta get a little kooky on vacation.

The picture of Mason looks so much like a mixture of Ty and Chris. We were all laughing about it at Mom's cuz we so rarely see Mason looking all pouty like that. His eyelashes are so dark it's amazing.

mahina said...

i love the picture of mason! he should pout more often so you can get more shots like this!

jaust.me said...

I do not laugh I do not smile...emma

jaust.me said...

I do not laugh I do not smile...emma